There is this guy that I live with.. A very, very nice guy.. It so happens that he seems to be in love with muffins.. Therefore today:
Whole grain Chocolate Muffins
And yes, I couldn’t help myself not to try to make them seem at least a little bit healthy(not sure if I succeeded though :))..
- 300g whole grain wheat flour
- 150g of butter
- 150g of dark chocolate
- 1,5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 heaped tablespoons of cacao
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 big eggs
- 150 ml of milk
Preheat the oven to 180C. Melt the butter in a pot. Set aside to coll down.
In one bowl mix: Eggs with milk & vanilla extract.
In another bowl mix everything else :) : Flour with baking soda and baking powder. Add sugar, cacao and dark chocolate(chopped). Last but not least add honey butter and the contents of bowl number 1. Mix with only few movements so that the dough is still lumpy but there is no flour unmixed.
Place in the muffin forms, remembering that they will grow quite a bit! Bake for about 25-30 min.
Tips and tricks:
- The chocolate doesn’t have to be chopped in very small pieces. It is nice when it melts in the muffins in bigger pieces.
- You can use normal flour instead of wholegrain, or a half in half mix!
- Maybe it’s my addiction to cashews, but I think they fit perfectly with this recipe!